I am super excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by The Blogger on the Mount, who is one of my favorite bloggers. THANK YOU so much for your recognition and your interaction in my posts!
- In a post – answer the questions that your nominator posted for his/her nominees.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Make up 11 new fun questions for your nominees.
- Give some love back to your nominator, include a link back to their blog and their post.
- You must nominate 5-11 bloggers.
Questions & Answers
- How and where do you write?
I write from my heart, I suppose. I try to write about things in which I find some passion. In my last post, Raw Emotions, I shared something I wrote on a piece of paper in the middle of the night… So I write when inspiration comes, wherever I may be. We always have a phone or tablet, right? Might as well use it!
- What is your favourite colour and why?
I always ask myself that question and I can never agree on it for more than a week. So I came to the conclusion that I don’t have a favorite color… I love all colors!
- Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?
I have too many favorite quotes. Some from the Bible, some from the Internet, some from books… One of my favorites is:“Reach as high as you can. Then reach a little higher. There you will find magic and possibility – and maybe even cookies.”
– Marc Johns
It perfectly describes my life: high goals and cookies (I love some cookies).But to go a little deeper, one of my favorite Bible scriptures is this:
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
– Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
This reminds me that God can guide me through anything as long as I allow Him to lead! It’s something I tell myself when I need the reminder (and don’t we all need some reminders every once in a while!).
- What’s the most inspiring book you have ever read?
When I was in 8th grade, one of my friends gave me a small book, His Princess, full of small encouragement for women to see themselves as the daughters of God and His kingdom. It’s given me a lot of strength over the years.
I’m still reading this one, but it’s inspired me tremendously in my spiritual life: The Desire of Ages, which is basically a story version of the first four books of the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). The insight in the book leaves me in awe each time I read it!
- What music do you listen to if you need cheering up?
I don’t really listen to music anymore when I need cheering up. It usually just reminds me more of the reason I’m upset in the first place… So I opt to take action and play to release my negativity. I usually choose a song with a melancholy melody and play it full-heartedly and with lots of dynamic expression… (Almost too much expression…).
- What time of the year is your favourite and why?
This is also a tough question to answer… I complain in all seasons – it’s too hot, it’s too cold, it’s too cold in the morning but too hot in the afternoon, it’s raining too much, I miss the rain, and on and on and on…
But for this post, I will say that I love Fall. I love Fall fashion and I love Fall colors!
Plus, I’m inspired to do great things in school in the Fall! Whereas in the winter (right now), I am totally unmotivated to study for finals…
- Name the best place you have ever visited?
The best place I ever visited was probably the Amazon. I went there this summer and it was like paradise. The rivers are so darn gorgeous and gigantic! The people are always so friendly, and the culture is so laid back. I really miss it there and hope to revisit so I can explore much more!
- Has a particular experience shaped the way you think?
Yes. I tapped into this when I attended a leadership conference in high school. They asked us to come up with some experience that has turned you into a leader, or given you leadership qualities. I thought of a lot of experiences, and at the time, the biggest one for me was my experience when I first came to the United States a few years ago. I had to pick things up really fast and I realize now that my instinctive nature is not to do what needs to be done before I enjoy it, but to do both at the same time. It’s a valuable lesson, I think!
Other experiences are my college journey and, to a somewhat-smaller scale, my music experience.
- How do you like to spend your free time?
I, obviously, like to write.
I also love to sing and act things out in the privacy of my room, when no one is home… It’s fun!
Learning instruments is one of my favorites. It gets really frustrating sometimes… But the result of being able to express yourself in a totally new way is fantastic. Nothing beats that.
- In what way is this Christmas going to be special for you?
Over the years I’ve become more and more aware of what Christmas is really about, and it’s been a blessing.
Especially with all of the events going on in the world, I’ve grabbed on to faith a lot stronger. Every Christmas song I practice with a choir or by myself has much more meaning than it did a few years back.
And I may spend Christmas on the road… But that’s a story for another time!
- My blog is about faith and learning more about God. What does faith mean to you?
Faith, to me, is exactly what the Bible describes:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith is your trusting in something not tangible, but something you know is there. For me, the hope and the assurance of God’s guidance every step of the way is what faith is about.
This should be an award for up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers. So I will nominate you and hope that you fit the parameters! You’re all awesome, so stay that way, and congratulations! (The list is not in any particular order).
- The Personal Blog of Henry Jones: A talented young writer giving his view of the world.
- The Exceptional Life: I believe I met her in Blogging 101 and I’ve seen such amazing progress with her! Most definitely worth a look.
- TheLittleGreenPantry: If you like food and food photography, and you’re a vegetarian/vegan, then you need to check this out. I love the recipes and the distinctive look of this blog!
- Reach For Roots: Okay, she’s on my Blogs I Recommend page, and I did nominate her for the Versatile Blogger Award… but she just posted another one of her inspiring writings and I had to nominate her again.
- One Thought At A Time: I followed him for the faith posts… But the others are just as creative and refreshing to read!
- Pairs Well With…: I met her early on in my WordPress journey and the progress she’s made with her blog is unbelievable. Not to mention the whole idea of her blog… You have to see it for yourself!
- Thank You Isn’t Enough: Small reads for those who have little time… So encouraging.
Questions for YOU
These questions are for the nominees, but please feel free to answer them yourselves in a post or in the comments below!
- Who is your hero/inspiration?
- What do you do to relieve stress?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- Where have you lived and where is your favorite place so far?
- If you could go on a vacation (for free!) anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favorite drink and why?
- Why do you write?
- What is your favorite candy?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- If you could choose when to take a month off, in what season would it be and why?
- What is/was your favorite subject in school?
That is all
I do hope you enjoyed reading through my answers and that you enjoy answering my questions! You can use it as a prompt for your posts, or just short answer below, or just answer in your head.
Either way, I hope you have a marvelous day wherever you are! 🙂